Mold Removal for Storage Facilities
Florida has storage facilities that are climate controlled to keep the humidity from your belongings. This doesnít mean there canít be problems. If the A/C goes out and is not fixed right away, the humidity could creep into your items causing organisms to grow. Flooding or roof leaks could penetrate your storage areaÖ..so now what?
Letís go over some preventative measures that will keep you on the safer side of losing your items.
- Make sure the facilityísí relative humidity level is below 50%
- Donít store any items that are damp or wet
- Use a bucket of kitty litter or charcoal for moisture removal
- Cover furniture, mattresses, clothing, bedding; any cloth materials, leather goods, electronics
- Keep items off of the floor; use pallets to keep away the condensation
- Use a dehumidifier if you have electricity available
As a storage facility owner you may have questions or need a knowledgeable Remediator to assess your storage units for mold or the potential for mold. We can help!
Did you know???.......... Homeowners and renters policies do not cover damage caused by flooding, earthquakes, mold and mildew, vermin or poor maintenance.